This position operates within our proposal management team to author winning proposals and provide support to business development functions. Under the supervision of the Proposal Manager, this position is a vital member of the firm’s marketing and business development team. The incumbent should pay close attention to detail; understand the basics of proposal development; be continuously open to learning new things; will take a team orientated approach to work; and will be comfortable taking initiative in an ever-changing environment.
(include by not limited to)
- Assists in the proposal process, following standard procedures, including planning, review, and production of statements of qualifications and proposals.
- Gathers and researches information to include in proposals, including resumes and project summaries.
- Organizes, and edits written documentation in response to requests for proposals and business development opportunities.
- Assists in quality control check, including proofreading for grammar, request for proposal (RFP) compliance and conformance to established strategies and plans.
- Verifies complex technical solutions, strategies and themes are easily understandable, readable and compelling.
- Updates leads, opportunities, project descriptions, and text libraries in marketing’s database.
- Ability to collaborate with Project Managers and relevant consultants in the proposal preparation process.
- Assists in the development of other technical business development tools
- Conducts client development research. Leads or co-leads client development teams
- Engages senior technical and management staff to obtain necessary information and commitment for specific pursuits.
- Coordinates with technical staff to develop, research, track, and follow-up on leads.
- Participates in strategic planning that includes evaluating marketing intelligence, identifying customer concerns, and key issues, and developing win strategies.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks, and possess strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge and experience with office procedures, systems, and protocols required.
- Strong and effective communication, writing, and computer skills are essential.
- Must be able to independently manage a challenging workload when faced with unexpected changes in priorities and deadlines.
- Established contacts within and Knowledge of transportation, transit, aviation, Education, Healthcare, water resources, wastewater treatment, and other industries.
- Assist in the day to day hard and electronic file organization.
Skills and Abilities
- Developing Proposal
- Understanding Budgets
- Analyzing information
- Managing and facilitating processes
- Developing standards
- Working within a team
Education/Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field a plus
- Minimum 2 – 4 years’ experience
- Knowledge of proposal writing requirements
- Knowledge and/or experience in program evaluation
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is based on the candidate’s experience, and employee medical, dental, vision and life coverages are provided at no cost. Interested applicants should submit all the following materials: cover letter, resume, work sample, and salary requirements.
TPMA does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.