This position operates within our proposal management team to author winning proposals and provide support to business development functions. Under the supervision of the Proposal Manager, this position is a vital member of the firm’s marketing and business development team. The incumbent should pay close attention to detail; understand the basics of proposal development; be continuously open to learning new things; will take a team orientated approach to work; and will be comfortable taking initiative in an ever-changing environment.
- Assists in the proposal process, following standard procedures, including planning, review, and production of statements of qualifications and proposals.
- Gathers and researches information to include in proposals, including resumes and project summaries.
- Organizes, and edits written documentation in response to requests for proposals and business development opportunities.
- Assists in quality control check, including proofreading for grammar, request for proposal (RFP) compliance and conformance to established strategies and plans.
- Verifies complex technical solutions, strategies and themes are easily understandable, readable and compelling.
- Updates leads, opportunities, project descriptions, and text libraries in marketing’s database.
- Ability to collaborate with Project Managers and relevant consultants in the proposal preparation process.
- Assists in the development of other technical business development tools
- Conducts client development research. Leads or co-leads client development teams
- Engages senior technical and management staff to obtain necessary information and commitment for specific pursuits.
- Coordinates with technical staff to develop, research, track, and follow-up on leads.
- Participates in strategic planning that includes evaluating marketing intelligence, identifying customer concerns, and key issues, and developing win strategies.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks, and possess strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge and experience with office procedures, systems, and protocols required.
- Strong and effective communication, writing, and computer skills are essential.
- Must be able to independently manage a challenging workload when faced with unexpected changes in priorities and deadlines.
- Established contacts within and Knowledge of transportation, transit, aviation, Education, Healthcare, water resources, wastewater treatment, and other industries.
- Assist in the day to day hard and electronic file organization.
Skills and Abilities
- Developing Proposal
- Understanding Budgets
- Analyzing information
- Managing and facilitating processes
- Developing standards
- Working within a team
Education/Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field a plus
- Minimum 2 – 4 years’ experience
- Knowledge of proposal writing requirements
- Knowledge and/or experience in program evaluation