SENIOR PROJECT CONSULTANT – ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNITY RESILIENCY
Thomas P. Miller and Associates, LLC, (TPMA) a growing national economic development, workforce development, and education consulting firm, is seeking a team-oriented professional to provide small business and entrepreneurial research and acumen, project leadership, research, and data analysis to support our practice areas. The Senior Project Consultant will be involved in methodology development, small business and entrepreneurial research and analysis, report writing and preparation, and business development and business strategy activities. This position leads to consulting projects and business development efforts in our practice areas. The Senior Project Consultant exercises considerable independent judgment to design, analyze, and complete project proposals and project deliverables.
The ideal candidate has excellent project management, research, writing, and time management skills and is highly organized and self-motivated.
- Manage and often lead complex multi-faceted projects.
- Conduct small business and entrepreneurial research and analysis of qualitative and quantitative information, including facilitating interviews, focus groups, town halls, and strategy sessions.
- Lead project teams ensuring high-quality and high-value services are provided to clients.
- Demonstrate practice area leadership by designing and executing solutions for team initiatives.
- Strategize and execute business development activities that include representing TPMA in interviews and client presentations.
- Build relationships with clients and stakeholders, leading to references and/or add-on work.
- Serve as subject matter expert in one or more areas, demonstrates intermediate content knowledge within practice area and service area subjects.
- Manage subcontractor relationships for successful project execution
TRAVEL: 15 – 25%
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent project management skills – developing and implementing timelines and project plans, overseeing reporting progress, and driving implementation in a customer-oriented environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to gather, clean, track, and interpret small business sector data and individual small business needs.
- Must possess internet research skills via online databases, publications, and company websites.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment; manage multiple deadlines; and balance multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral/written communication skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and data research packages such as EMSI, ESRI, etc.
Education/Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Economics, Liberal Arts, Nonprofit Management, or related field.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in small business development, workforce development, education, economic/community development, and/or employment with a related organization.
Interested applicants should submit the following materials: cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Gracie Reiff, HR Partner at email@example.com
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and benefits include employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage for employees along with generous PTO.