SENIOR HOUSING CONSULTANT
TPMA is growing our Housing Assessment Consulting team to better serve the needs of our clients and the ecosystems we support. Successful Consultants will exercise considerable independent judgement and be a team-oriented, driven professional who can lead the design, analysis, and completion of housing analyses, projects, and proposals for TPMA clients.
TPMA is strongly committed to providing useful, practical, and data-driven consulting practices for stakeholders and clients that are seeking to better understand local housing markets, assess needs and barriers, and derive strategic frameworks to address housing challenges and support healthy housing markets. Consultants will lead and partner with internal team members for project coordination while demonstrating expertise in research, housing strategy, and economic development.
- Develop and deliver outlines and content based on project plans.
- Quantitative and qualitative data gathering and analysis, specifically on local and regional housing market conditions.
- Draft written reports.
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations.
- Lead Projects to ensure timely and successful project deliveries.
- Leads on-site project support, including attending meetings and translating discussions and research into narratives.
- Demonstrates practice area leadership by designing solutions and executing team initiatives; recognizes and researches emerging opportunities for housing market development practice.
- Develop scopes of work and works with the proposal team to develop propels, project understanding, budgets, and other essential elements.
- Conduct advanced qualitative research and analysis of information including facilitating focus groups, interviews, town halls, and strategy sessions.
- Ensure high quality and high value services are provided to clients.
- Ensure profitability of each assignment in conjunction with Project Manager/Lead and operations team; delegating work as needed to meet this objective.
- Ongoing development of customer relationships.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks and possess strong organizational skills.?
- Some travel is required.
Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years’ experience in housing strategy and community development, including the collecting and analyzing of qualitative and quantitative data in complex organizations and communities.
- 5+ years’ experience with project management in affordable housing development, community development, and/or employment with a related organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Public Administration, Economics, Planning, Public Policy, Non-Profit or related field is a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills that guarantee clear delivery and understanding of information.
- Demonstrated ability with a variety of skills related to housing analysis, such as GIS, land use, zoning, state and federal programs and funding opportunities, and/or strategic planning.
- Maintain understanding of project profitability along with a proven ability to project future needs based on past and present performance.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to multi-task and self-prioritize while delivering consistent results.
- Excellent computer skills – Intermediate to Expert level in MS Office Suite and Adobe programs required.
- Demonstrates a high sense of urgency to communicate challenges, offer solutions, and deliver results.
- Previous experience within a consulting firm, a plus