Thomas P. Miller & Associates (TPMA) is a consulting and management firm that has thrived at the cutting edge of research and planning in communities across the country for more than 30 years.
We’re looking for a results-driven and charismatic Sales Consultant with excellent interpersonal skills to actively seek out and engage economic development, workforce, and higher education prospects. This position will use a consultative approach to provide complete and appropriate solutions for every customer in order to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels and profitability.
- Analyze regional market potential, track sales, and status reports
- Identify prospects by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, and attending relevant trade shows and conferences
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Contact prospective and existing customers to discuss their needs and explain how specific products and services can meet these needs
- Schedule sales appointments with prospective and current customers
- Emphasize product features that will meet customers’ requirements and exhibit product competitive advantages over other rivals
- Negotiate prices, terms of sale, as well as service agreements
- Meet other associates and sales consultants to discuss innovative ways to sell to customers effectively
- Constantly find new ways to make products and services more attractive to existing and prospective customers
- Demonstrate advanced sales knowledge, and keep up to date on industry trends as well as the changing needs of customers
- Follow up with customers to ensure that they’re satisfied with their purchases and to answer any questions or concerns.
- Proven work experience as a Sales Representative
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with BRM and CRM practices along with ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, negotiation and communication skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field