TPMA is growing our Housing Assessment Consulting team to better serve the needs of our clients and the ecosystems we support. Successful Consultants will exercise considerable independent judgement and be a team-oriented, driven professional who can lead the design, analysis, and completion of housing analyses, projects, and proposals for TPMA clients.
TPMA is strongly committed to providing useful, practical, and data-driven consulting practices for stakeholders and clients that are seeking to better understand local housing markets, assess needs and barriers, and derive strategic frameworks to address housing challenges and support healthy housing markets. Consultants will lead and partner with internal team members for project coordination while demonstrating expertise in research, housing strategy, and economic development.
- Develop and deliver outlines and content based on project plans.
- Quantitative and qualitative data gathering and analysis, specifically on local and regional housing market conditions.
- Draft written reports.
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations.
- Coordinate with Project Lead to ensure timely and successful project deliveries.
- On-site project support, including attending meetings and translating discussions and research into narratives.
- Conduct advanced qualitative research and analysis of information including facilitating focus groups, interviews, town halls, and strategy sessions.
- Ensure high quality and high value services are provided to clients.
- Ensure profitability of each assignment in conjunction with Project Manager/Lead and operations team.
- Ongoing development of customer relationships.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks and possess strong organizational skills.
- Some travel is required.
Skills and Abilities
- 3+ years’ experience in housing strategy and community development, including the collecting and analyzing of qualitative and quantitative data in complex organizations and communities.
- 3+ years’ experience with project management in affordable housing development, community development, and/or employment with a related organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Public Administration, Economics, Planning, Public Policy, Non-Profit or related field is a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills that guarantee clear delivery and understanding of information.
- Maintain understanding of project profitability along with a proven ability to project future needs based on past and present performance.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to multi-task and self-prioritize while delivering consistent results.
- Excellent computer skills – Intermediate to Expert level in MS Office Suite and Adobe programs required.
- Demonstrates a high sense of urgency to communicate challenges, offer solutions, and deliver results.
- Previous experience within a consulting firm, a plus
Education/Training and Experience
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, or related fields or equivalent on-the-job training and experience