Thomas P. Miller & Associates (TPMA), a growing national research and evaluation, economic development, and workforce development consulting firm, is seeking a Financial Specialist to maintain the financial records of the organization. The Specialist will need to record, process accurately, and monitor day to day financial transactions, including payables and receivables. The Financial Specialist will provide various reports and financial data as requested and perform routine bookkeeping duties. The position is located in Indianapolis, and a flexible work schedule is possible.
The ideal candidate will be energized by balancing accounts and discovering the details of various transactions. Can communicate efficiently with clients as well as vendors and work independently or as a part of a team. Will be good at planning, analyzing problems to obtain solutions, and be proficient with financial software.
- Perform all accounts payable and accounts receivable functions which include issuing all payments to vendors/suppliers and generating all invoices through QBO.
- Generate employee expense reimbursements.
- Work with managers of projects to assure that the quarterly Invoicing Sheet is current.
- Reconcile and balance all accounts including TPMA bank accounts.
- Allocate and post all financial transactions.
- Perform monthly closing processes and generate monthly reports.
- Perform other daily bookkeeping activities and support the preparation of company financial statements.
- Calculate and submit by prescribed deadlines withholding reports and other required forms/payments due during the year including those reports required by states in which TPMA has employees as well as the federal government.
- Maintain internal controls.
- Provide periodic financial information and support to practice area teams as directed by the Executive Team.
- Perform periodic audits of PayChex and review reports from that system.
- Provide support as requested to the business development team as well as the budget development team in terms of financial reports and/or expense projections.
- Maintain files to support financial records and retain historical records of financial transactions.
- Maintain a working relationship with selected independent accounting firm staff.
Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of bookkeeping practices and familiarity with general accounting principles and procedures.
- Good attention to detail with skill in organizing data and competency with financial software.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to TPMA’s core values and mission.
- Good communication skills and time management.
- Adept at planning work and problem-solving.
Education/Training and Experience
- At least two (2) years of bookkeeping experience including payables and/or receivables.
- Associates degree or greater in business, accounting, finance or related field is preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is commensurate with experience. An excellent benefits package includes employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life coverage for employees and generous PTO.