DIRECTOR OF RESEARCH – ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNITY RESILIENCY
Thomas P. Miller and Associates, LLC, (TPMA) a growing national economic development, workforce development, and education consulting firm, is seeking a team-oriented professional to provide small business and entrepreneurial research and acumen, project leadership, research, and data analysis to support our practice areas.
A creative and analytical leader is needed to provide tactical expertise, project management, research, and statistical analysis. The Director of Research will be involved in methodology development, analysis, report writing and preparation, proposal and business development, business strategy activities, and research staff supervision for a growing consulting firm with clients nationwide.
The Director of Research will work with the Vice President of Economic Development and the executive team to pursue business leads, grow new and existing lines of business, and develop innovative approaches to projects, both within the division and as research cuts across other areas of work in the firm. The Director of Research will work within a project team and will have the opportunity for ongoing knowledge development and growth.
Travel is required, estimated at 10-20%. Preference is for a candidate willing to work out of the Indianapolis office.
- Develop analysis methods and methodologies for the labor market, education, program evaluation, and industry research projects
- Conduct primary and secondary research
Design and implement data sharing agreements and analysis protocols
- Lead and manage projects to ensure on-time/on-budget project completion.
- Draft written reports and prepare presentations
- Monitor research and data quality and provide feedback in order to improve services, design, and presentations
- Stay abreast of research trends and best practices in research presentations
- Respond to requests for proposals
- Compile research and collaborate with business development leadership to develop persuasive presentations suitable for high-interest targets
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Promote TPMA’s credibility and brand through professional association and conference presentations, membership, and attendance
- Directly and indirectly, supervise a team of researchers at multiple levels
- Coordinate staffing of projects both internal and external to the Research and Evaluation team
- Collaborate with the business development manager and leadership to identify business growth segments
Education/Training and Experience
- Minimum of master’s degree in public administration, economics, statistics, business, sociology, education, or related field. Ph.D. preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in evaluation related to higher education, economic/community development, workforce development, and/or employment with a related organization.
Interested applicants should submit the following materials: cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and benefits include employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage for employees along with generous PTO.