BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
TPMA is expanding our Business Development team as we continue to grow our business and serve our clients. This role is a newly created, fully remote, opportunity for a career sales professional in economic development, research and planning, or management consulting.
Successful teammates will bring curiosity, planning, creativity, and consulting skills to the organization to develop new business opportunities with potential clients and stakeholders. You should be comfortable developing holistic solutions and creating proposals in a project consulting environment to achieve measurable outcomes for our clients.
- Discover business development opportunities and respond to new inquiries to develop relationships and create project proposals solving unique client challenges
- Identify new business development leads and works with applicable TPMA team members to organize solutions with potential clients
- Make updates to Quickbase to inform TPMA’s business development decision-making process
- Provide initial proposals to RFPs/RFQs and other non-RFP business development activities
- Schedule proposal production and submission with designated teammates based on established processes including formatting, final review, and packaging of final proposals using all available technology mediums
- Participate fully in practice area business development meetings and forecasting sessions
- 5+ years business development experience with expertise creating solutions and managing complex sales processes with a high degree of urgency
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Experience within the field is preferential to education
- Demonstrates impactful organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Prior proposal development experience in a results-oriented environment
- Ability to develop and write a detailed project plan and manage stakeholder outcomes
- Execute client-facing work with an attention to detail while balancing multiple priorities
- Understanding of the economic development, workforce development, or higher education ecosystem and ability to use prospecting and research skills through various mediums
Interested applicants should submit the following materials: cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.