BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Thomas P Miller & Associates (TPMA) is growing our Business Development team to better serve the needs of our clients and the ecosystems we support. Successful Business Development Coordinators will be responsible for the development of new business opportunities with clients and stakeholders while bringing curiosity, planning, creativity, and consulting skills to the organization. Candidates should be comfortable developing creative solutions in a project consulting environment while achieving measurable outcomes for clients. The role will support our business development efforts nationwide as we continue to grow and serve our clients in education, economic, workforce, and community development.
- Discover business development opportunities and develop relationships by responding to new inquiries.
- Design solutions focused on unique client challenges in economic development, education, and workforce development.
- Work with applicable TPMA team members to organize solutions for potential clients.
- Organize and lead development of proposals for non-RFP business development activities.
- Maintain updates in CRM to inform TPMA’s business development decision-making process.
- Fully participate in practice area business development meetings and strategy development sessions for emerging solutions.
- Assist with preparation for business development-related meetings including listening sessions, finalist presentations, and conference presentations.
- Support and regularly interact with Business Development team members.
- 3+ years in consulting with experience in business development, proposal writing, and project assistance.
- Understanding of the economic development, workforce development, or higher education ecosystem
- Strong research and prospecting skills through various mediums.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, experience within the field is preferential to education.
- Demonstrates impactful organizational and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Prior experience in a results-oriented environment with a variety of projects and engagements.
- Capacity to write and develop a detailed scope of work with TPMA staff linked to tangible stakeholder outcomes.
- Execute client-facing work with an attention to detail while balancing multiple priorities.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite. Prefer experience with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in Hubspot or similar CRM tool.