BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
Thomas P. Miller & Associates (TPMA) envisions a world that thinks strategically, works collaboratively, and acts sustainably. In keeping with that vision, we empower organizations and communities through strategic partnerships and informed solutions that create positive, sustainable change.
As we grow our work and our reach, TPMA seeks a team-oriented, professional that will assist with the coordination of business development efforts for TPMA and with existing clients and lead contractors.
Candidates should have experience in the consulting industry, preferably securing contracts through a combination of Request for Proposals (RFPs) and relationship-based business development. They should bring in knowledge and insights on the effective proposal writing process, innovative approaches to targeting new markets and coordinating lead and subcontractor approach to garnering new business. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, writing, and time management skills and will be highly self-motivated.
(include by not limited to)
- Field business development opportunities across teams and provides and works with TPMA staff to organize responses.
- Identify new business development leads and works with applicable TPMA staff members to organize approaches with potential clients.
- Support web-based research to identify Request for Proposals RFPs/RFQs from local, regional, and state entities that align with TPMA capabilities.
- Make updates to the CRM system to inform TPMA’s business development decision-making process.
- Provide initial shell proposals to RFPs/RFQs and other non-RFP business development activities following requested formats, including completion of required forms.
- Schedule proposal production and submission with designated proposal managers based on established processes, including formatting, final review, and packaging of final proposals.
- Develop customized proposals, presentations, and handout designs using the Microsoft Word and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Support preparation and follow up for weekly business development meeting with Directors
- Attend and support practice area business development meetings as needed.
- Assist with preparation for business development-related meetings, including finalist presentations and conference presentations.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Attention to detail and ability to balance multiple priorities (time management)
- Extremely self-motivated, curious, and interested in learning about a range of topics and projects
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
- Must possess internet research skills via online databases, publications, and company websites
- Expertise in in responding to RFP’s
Education/Training and Experience
- Efficient management skills to be applied in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to initiate and engage in discussions with senior-level decision-makers across the United States
- Strong attention to detail and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access; displays knowledge or willingness to learn Adobe Creative Suite
- Successfully adapt to a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines
- Effectively manage internal and client expectations and demands
- Efficient prioritization of proposals and tasks
- Effectively work on teams and interact with senior- and junior-level staff
Interested applicants should submit all the following materials: cover letter, resume, two (2) work samples, and salary requirements to Gracie Reiff, HR Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary and Benefits
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, vision and life coverage for employees along with generous PTO.
Salary range is commensurate with experience plus a performance incentive of up to 10% of base salary based on overall company profitability.